Apple releases Safari 16 with new features for Tab Groups and passwords
The latest update, which brings some usual bug fixes and performance improvements to the browser, also adds some new features to Tab Groups and passwords.
Tab Groups get a number of updates in Safari 16, including the ability to customize your background image and favorites for each Tab Group’s start page. You’ll also be able to pin frequently visited sites within Tab Groups.
Outside of Tab Groups, the new features are pretty varied. Settings for websites now follow you across your devices. You can also now edit strong passwords that Safari has suggested in order for it to work with the password requirements of a specific website.
The full details of Safari 16 are in the release notes (opens in new tab) and below:
Safari 16 introduces new features, even faster performance, and improved security, such as:
- Tab Group start pages let you add different background images and favorites for each Tab Group
- Pinned tabs in Tab Groups enable you to pin frequently visited websites for each Tab Group
- Tabs in the sidebar let you see a list view of your open tabs
- Settings you’ve set for specific websites now sync across devices
- Strong password editing lets you adjust strong passwords to meet website-specific requirements
- Some features may not be available for all regions, or on all Apple devices.
Apple released a lot more than Safari 16 today
We’re also now days away from the new iPhone. The iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max will release to the world on Friday, September 16. The iPhone 14 Plus, the new big regular iPhone model, will not release until October.